The Official Newsletter of the Pemberton Family World Wide
The Pemberton Post is the house organ of the PFWW. It is published irregularly depending on news worthy material available. Articles are written by various authors, mostly members of the PFWW. This publication is the major assignment of the Publicity Committee of the PFWW.
The page before you now is a list of issues and their articles. It also houses the archive of the Pemberton Post. To download from this archive go to the list of issues with the small book icons on the left.
Subscription is by registration on the PFWW website. Anyone can receive regular delivery of the Pemberton Post, they need only register an account on this website.
Our thanks to all those who have spent hours researching, checking and re-checking their work and their sources to make these articles clear and as accurate as reasonably possible.
If you have an idea for an article, would like to write one, or have a comment about the Pemberton Post, please contact the chair of the Publicity Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download an archived issue, choose it from this list and click on the book icon at the left.
Table of Issues
Volume 1 Number 1, September 15, 2011
- Feature: George Pembertons of Virginia in the 18th Century, by Dixie Ann Pembert; discusses the several George Pembertons in the Virginia Colony.
- More Pemberton Coats of Arms
- Ryan Pemberton: Modern & Famous
- Free Copy of Pemberton Pedigrees
Volume 1 Number 2, November 26, 2011
- Feature: Mr. Washington’s Order, by James Lloyd, discusses George Washington’s connection with George and Isaiah Pemberton, Virginia, 1750.
- First World Wide Pemberton Reunion
- A Primer on Genealogical DNA
- Looking for a Pemberton Potter
- Members to Receive Copy of Pemberton Pedigrees
Volume 2 Number 1, April 20, 2012
- Feature: Major-General Robert Charles Boileau Pemberton, by Herbert Pemberton, a short biography of RCB Pemberton and the work of copying his book Pemberton Pedigees.
- PFWW Reunion 2012
- Huguenot Branch of Pemberton Identified
- Pemberton Pedigrees Republished
- Benjamin Franklin & Dr. Pemberton
- What Genealogical DNA Does and How It Does It
- Make the PFWW Website Work for You
- Featured Member: Dixie Ann Pemberton
Volume 2 Number 2, June 22, 2012
- Feature: The First PFWW Reunions, a description of the reunions planned for August, 2012 in Annapolis, California.
- Reunion Highlights
- Facilities, Attractions & Activities
- How to Register & Pay for Meals & Gear
Volume 2 Number 3, July 9, 2012
- Feature: A Pemberton Scrapbook, by Dixie Ann Pemberton, the story of the scrapbook of George Middleton Pemberton and its family history.
- Reunion News
- Pemberton DNA Project Results
- Griffin T-shirts Ready to Order
Volume 3 Number 1, December 30, 2013
- Feature: Register Report for George M. Pemberton, by Dixie Ann Pemberton, the descendants of George M. Pemberton with many notes.
- Dr. Henry Pemberton & Sir Isaac Newton
- Dr. Henry Pemberton & Benjamin Franklin
- St. John’s Parish Pembertons; Virginia & Barbados
- Jeremiah Pemberton, American Loyalist
- Pemberton Pedigrees Book Republishing
- Featured Member: Christopher Pemberton
Volume 4 Number 1, March 22, 2015 [Special Edition about the 2014 reissue of the 1923 Pemberton Pedigrees book.]
- Feature: Pemberton Pedigrees, An Incomplete Work
- Pemberton Pedigrees, the 2014 Edition
- Pemberton Pedigrees, the Project
- The Discovery of RCB Pemberton’s Notes
- Pemberton Pedigrees, the Pemberton DNA Project
- New & Used on the PFWW Website
- An Appeal for Pemberton Information
To download an issue, click on the open book icon to the left of the desired issue. Most browsers will show the pdf file within your browswer’s window just like an ordinary web page. To save the issue on your personal computer, you will probably need to select “Save” in the “File” menu at the upper left of your browser’s window.